Updated Feb 8, 2013 - 1:12 pm
ESPN.com: Wildcats signees rank in top half of Pac-12
Amongst those, the Wildcats fared better than their rivals in several categories -- acquiring an ESPN 300 recruit, a quarterback(s) and earning a slightly better grade.
According to an ESPN Insider article, UA's recruiting class ranked sixth in the Pac-12 primarily due to their offensive focus.
Breakdown: At the top, Arizona's class is filled with speed and talent from the Southern California trio of ESPN 300 athlete Samajie Grant, four-star running back Pierre Cormier and four-star cornerback Derek Babiash. Coach Rich Rodriguez wanted players who could excel in his offense, and he seems to have done that with running backs Mauriece Lee and Zachary Green, and potential standout receivers Prince Holloway, Lawrence Walker, Nate Phillips and Paul Elvira. The quarterback position is in good hands as well, with junior college signal-caller Jesse Scroggins to go along with Jarrett Solomon.
Rodriguez's top signee, California native and ESPN top 300 recruit Samajie Grant, heads the 2013 UA class. Grant provides versatility and playmaking ability for the Wildcats on either side of the ball.
While Rodriguez didn't reach out too far from Arizona for talent like ASU coach Todd Graham, he primarily focused on players that would fit his style of UA football. The Wildcats also did nearly just the opposite of the Sun Devils, only signing two junior college athletes compared to Graham's 10.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.