Updated Feb 7, 2013 - 11:15 am
Wildcats QB Matt Scott invited to NFL Combine
A third-round pick of the Philadelphia Eagles, Arizona's career leader in virtually every significant passing category made his debut in November, ending another long (and somewhat embarrassing) drought for the school.
Well, the gap between Foles and the next UA QB to be drafted likely won't be nearly as long as the one between Foles and Eddie Wilson.
Matt Scott, who threw for 3,620 yards and 27 touchdowns as a senior, has been invited to the NFL's Scouting Combine.
Scott enters the 2013 draft season as an interesting prospect. He started just one full season at the collegiate level, and flashed solid arm strength to go along with mobility that many NFL teams seem to be looking for.
And while he may not be one of the top prospects at this moment, the fact that he's been invited to showcase his ability for scouts proves there's a decent amount of interest in his skills.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.