Updated Feb 7, 2013 - 11:15 am
Wildcats QB Matt Scott invited to NFL Combine
A third-round pick of the Philadelphia Eagles, Arizona's career leader in virtually every significant passing category made his debut in November, ending another long (and somewhat embarrassing) drought for the school.
Well, the gap between Foles and the next UA QB to be drafted likely won't be nearly as long as the one between Foles and Eddie Wilson.
Matt Scott, who threw for 3,620 yards and 27 touchdowns as a senior, has been invited to the NFL's Scouting Combine.
Scott enters the 2013 draft season as an interesting prospect. He started just one full season at the collegiate level, and flashed solid arm strength to go along with mobility that many NFL teams seem to be looking for.
And while he may not be one of the top prospects at this moment, the fact that he's been invited to showcase his ability for scouts proves there's a decent amount of interest in his skills.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?