Updated Jan 7, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Report: Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey to face charges
A nation-best 1,929 rushing yards. Twenty-three rushing touchdowns. Heisman votes. A bowl game victory.
Carey's offseason, though, is an entirely different story.
Word leaked Sunday that an issue of protection was ordered against Carey.
Monday it has been reported by the Arizona Daily Star that charges will be filed against the 20-year-old.
According to the report, the charges come due to an incident involving Carey's pregnant ex-girlfriend.
Both Carey and the woman "showed injuries consistent with some type of physical altercation," Tucson police spokesman Sgt. Chris Widmer said.
Police took statements from both Carey and the woman and they were separated.
The case was passed on to domestic violence detectives who turned the case to Tucson City Court for review.
The City Prosecutor and detectives made a decision to file charges against Carey, Widmer said.
The specific charges will be released at the hearing, but also noted in the report is that in asking for the order of protection, the woman wrote that Carey entered a room looking for a lighter to smoke an illegal substance.
She wrote that she asked Carey to leave several times and he pushed and shoved his way into the room and knocked her to the floor and slammed her fingers in the door.
Not all of the information and details have been learned, and the point of any trial would be to determine what exactly happened. As of now, though, things do not currently look good for Arizona football's best player.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.