Updated Jan 7, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Report: Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey to face charges
A nation-best 1,929 rushing yards. Twenty-three rushing touchdowns. Heisman votes. A bowl game victory.
Carey's offseason, though, is an entirely different story.
Word leaked Sunday that an issue of protection was ordered against Carey.
Monday it has been reported by the Arizona Daily Star that charges will be filed against the 20-year-old.
According to the report, the charges come due to an incident involving Carey's pregnant ex-girlfriend.
Both Carey and the woman "showed injuries consistent with some type of physical altercation," Tucson police spokesman Sgt. Chris Widmer said.
Police took statements from both Carey and the woman and they were separated.
The case was passed on to domestic violence detectives who turned the case to Tucson City Court for review.
The City Prosecutor and detectives made a decision to file charges against Carey, Widmer said.
The specific charges will be released at the hearing, but also noted in the report is that in asking for the order of protection, the woman wrote that Carey entered a room looking for a lighter to smoke an illegal substance.
She wrote that she asked Carey to leave several times and he pushed and shoved his way into the room and knocked her to the floor and slammed her fingers in the door.
Not all of the information and details have been learned, and the point of any trial would be to determine what exactly happened. As of now, though, things do not currently look good for Arizona football's best player.
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.