Updated Jan 7, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Report: Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey to face charges
A nation-best 1,929 rushing yards. Twenty-three rushing touchdowns. Heisman votes. A bowl game victory.
Carey's offseason, though, is an entirely different story.
Word leaked Sunday that an issue of protection was ordered against Carey.
Monday it has been reported by the Arizona Daily Star that charges will be filed against the 20-year-old.
According to the report, the charges come due to an incident involving Carey's pregnant ex-girlfriend.
Both Carey and the woman "showed injuries consistent with some type of physical altercation," Tucson police spokesman Sgt. Chris Widmer said.
Police took statements from both Carey and the woman and they were separated.
The case was passed on to domestic violence detectives who turned the case to Tucson City Court for review.
The City Prosecutor and detectives made a decision to file charges against Carey, Widmer said.
The specific charges will be released at the hearing, but also noted in the report is that in asking for the order of protection, the woman wrote that Carey entered a room looking for a lighter to smoke an illegal substance.
She wrote that she asked Carey to leave several times and he pushed and shoved his way into the room and knocked her to the floor and slammed her fingers in the door.
Not all of the information and details have been learned, and the point of any trial would be to determine what exactly happened. As of now, though, things do not currently look good for Arizona football's best player.
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.