Updated Jan 7, 2013 - 6:34 am
Report: Ka'Deem Carey issued protection order after December 23 incident
According to a report by KVOA-TV in Tucson, the incident resulted in Carey being an issued a protection order by a fellow student-athlete.
The order was reportedly served on January 2.
Sunday, head coach Rich Rodriguez and athletic director Greg Byrne issued the following statements regarding the incident:
Rodriguez: "I've spoken with Ka'Deem and am aware of the case. We take these matters very seriously and will support the authorities however we can. Once more specific information is available, we will act accordingly."
Byrne: "The University and Department of Athletics are fully aware of the situation. This is now a matter for the local authorities and we will fully cooperate and assist them as needed. At this point we will have no further comment."
In 2012, Carey led the nation with 1,929 rushing yards and recorded 23 touchdowns en route to consensus All-American honors.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.