Report: Ka'Deem Carey issued protection order after December 23 incident
According to a report by KVOA-TV in Tucson, the incident resulted in Carey being an issued a protection order by a fellow student-athlete.
The order was reportedly served on January 2.
Sunday, head coach Rich Rodriguez and athletic director Greg Byrne issued the following statements regarding the incident:
Rodriguez: "I've spoken with Ka'Deem and am aware of the case. We take these matters very seriously and will support the authorities however we can. Once more specific information is available, we will act accordingly."
Byrne: "The University and Department of Athletics are fully aware of the situation. This is now a matter for the local authorities and we will fully cooperate and assist them as needed. At this point we will have no further comment."
In 2012, Carey led the nation with 1,929 rushing yards and recorded 23 touchdowns en route to consensus All-American honors.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a