Updated Jan 7, 2013 - 6:34 am
Report: Ka'Deem Carey issued protection order after December 23 incident
According to a report by KVOA-TV in Tucson, the incident resulted in Carey being an issued a protection order by a fellow student-athlete.
The order was reportedly served on January 2.
Sunday, head coach Rich Rodriguez and athletic director Greg Byrne issued the following statements regarding the incident:
Rodriguez: "I've spoken with Ka'Deem and am aware of the case. We take these matters very seriously and will support the authorities however we can. Once more specific information is available, we will act accordingly."
Byrne: "The University and Department of Athletics are fully aware of the situation. This is now a matter for the local authorities and we will fully cooperate and assist them as needed. At this point we will have no further comment."
In 2012, Carey led the nation with 1,929 rushing yards and recorded 23 touchdowns en route to consensus All-American honors.
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- A Wildcat remembers his favorite memories of the Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.