According to a report by KVOA-TV in Tucson, the incident resulted in Carey being an issued a protection order by a fellow student-athlete.
The order was reportedly served on January 2.
Sunday, head coach Rich Rodriguez and athletic director Greg Byrne issued the following statements regarding the incident:
Rodriguez: "I've spoken with Ka'Deem and am aware of the case. We take these matters very seriously and will support the authorities however we can. Once more specific information is available, we will act accordingly."
Byrne: "The University and Department of Athletics are fully aware of the situation. This is now a matter for the local authorities and we will fully cooperate and assist them as needed. At this point we will have no further comment."
In 2012, Carey led the nation with 1,929 rushing yards and recorded 23 touchdowns en route to consensus All-American honors.
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener