Updated Jan 6, 2013 - 3:26 pm
Dan Buckner, Matt Scott selected to play in East-West Game
This week, the duo was selected to play in the East-West Shrine Game. The game will be held January 19 in St. Petersburg, Fla., and UA fans can watch it live, as it will be televised by the NFL Network.
Scott, a second-team All-Pac-12 selection in 2012, hopes to be the second consecutive Wildcats quarterback to be taken in the NFL draft. Nick Foles was chosen in the third round of last April's draft by the Philadelphia Eagles and went on to make six starts during his rookie season.
Buckner, who had 61 catches for 733 receiving yards and five touchdowns in 2012, hopes to join former teammates Juron Criner and Tevin Wade in the NFL next season. In the 2012 draft, Criner was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the fifth round, and Wade was selected by the Cleveland Browns in the seventh round.
Heading into the Shrine Game, NFLDraftScout.com projects Scott to be taken in the fourth round and Buckner to go undrafted.
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.