Updated Jan 6, 2013 - 3:26 pm
Dan Buckner, Matt Scott selected to play in East-West Game
This week, the duo was selected to play in the East-West Shrine Game. The game will be held January 19 in St. Petersburg, Fla., and UA fans can watch it live, as it will be televised by the NFL Network.
Scott, a second-team All-Pac-12 selection in 2012, hopes to be the second consecutive Wildcats quarterback to be taken in the NFL draft. Nick Foles was chosen in the third round of last April's draft by the Philadelphia Eagles and went on to make six starts during his rookie season.
Buckner, who had 61 catches for 733 receiving yards and five touchdowns in 2012, hopes to join former teammates Juron Criner and Tevin Wade in the NFL next season. In the 2012 draft, Criner was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the fifth round, and Wade was selected by the Cleveland Browns in the seventh round.
Heading into the Shrine Game, NFLDraftScout.com projects Scott to be taken in the fourth round and Buckner to go undrafted.
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- A Wildcat remembers his favorite memories of the Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.