Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 5:25 pm
UA promotes former Chaparral coach Charlie Ragle
Ragle will replace Spencer Leftwich, who left the team and is expected to take a job on UTEP's coaching staff. Billy Kirelawich, who was an operations coordinator in 2012, will move into the role of assistant director of operations.
"From the bottom of my heart, I'm so grateful and appreciative to Rich Rodriguez for giving me the opportunity to work with him and our staff at Arizona," Leftwich said in a press release. "I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Tucson and the success we had this year. This is an opportunity, to get my whole family together, that I just couldn't pass up."
Ragle joined Rich Rodriguez's staff before last season
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.