Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 5:25 pm
UA promotes former Chaparral coach Charlie Ragle
Ragle will replace Spencer Leftwich, who left the team and is expected to take a job on UTEP's coaching staff. Billy Kirelawich, who was an operations coordinator in 2012, will move into the role of assistant director of operations.
"From the bottom of my heart, I'm so grateful and appreciative to Rich Rodriguez for giving me the opportunity to work with him and our staff at Arizona," Leftwich said in a press release. "I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Tucson and the success we had this year. This is an opportunity, to get my whole family together, that I just couldn't pass up."
Ragle joined Rich Rodriguez's staff before last season
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.