Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 5:25 pm
UA promotes former Chaparral coach Charlie Ragle
Ragle will replace Spencer Leftwich, who left the team and is expected to take a job on UTEP's coaching staff. Billy Kirelawich, who was an operations coordinator in 2012, will move into the role of assistant director of operations.
"From the bottom of my heart, I'm so grateful and appreciative to Rich Rodriguez for giving me the opportunity to work with him and our staff at Arizona," Leftwich said in a press release. "I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Tucson and the success we had this year. This is an opportunity, to get my whole family together, that I just couldn't pass up."
Ragle joined Rich Rodriguez's staff before last season
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.