Arizona Wildcats RB Daniel Jenkins to transfer
According to Anthony Gimino's 'Wildcat Report', the junior told head coach Rich Rodgriguez Monday he is looking to transfer.
Jenkins had graduated two days earlier, earning a degree in 3 1/2 years in public policy and management, focusing on criminal justice. His minor was in business.
What that degree in hand, and one year of eligibility left, Jenkins is free to transfer to another FootballChampionship Subdivision school without having to sit out a year. It was that or stay at Arizona and face another season of limited opportunity behind consensus All-American Ka'Deem Carey.
Jenkins rushed for 293 yards and two touchdowns as Carey's backup this season, and proved to be a valuable member of Arizona's backfield. However, with just one year left to play in college, Jenkins felt it would be best to play for a school that could offer a larger role on the field.
The report notes that Rodriguez told Jenkins he would like for the running back to stay, but understood why he was asking to leave.
"I have only one year to show the world what I've got," Jenkins said.
"This was just a personal decision for my career. It was something I had to do. It was not something I wanted to do."
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a