Updated Dec 17, 2012 - 3:35 pm
Rich Rodriguez: 'Life is good at the U of A'
His team surpassed all expectations by winning eight games, and following a Gildan New Mexico Bowl victory, the coach was, not surprisingly, pleased with the decision he made last November to take the Arizona job.
"This is a great place, I'm extremely happy, the family's happy," Rodriguez told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday.
Rodriguez said his children are doing well in school and said "life is good at the U of A" for the Rodriguez clan.
Rodriguez signed a five-year, $9.55 million contract to coach the Wildcats last November, and it's doubtful the deal will be reworked quite yet. However, if he continues to have success in the Old Pueblo, he may ultimately get his wish.
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.