Updated Dec 17, 2012 - 3:11 pm
Rich Rodriguez calls sideline fight 'embarrassing'
Punches were thrown by both junior defensive tackle Tevin Hood and freshman linebacker Cody Ippolito late in the first quarter.
Soon after both players were thrown out of the game. By Rodriguez.
"It's embarrassing," Rodriguez told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "When I saw it afterwards it was embarrassing, and as soon as we found out about it we sent the kids into the locker room and they went home with their parents."
"That's simply not going to happen," he said. "But it's out of character, certainly, for those guys, and we'll deal with them when we come back (from the winter break)."
What, exactly, will become of them?
"They're going to deal with Coach Rod after the break," Rodriguez said.
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.