Updated Dec 17, 2012 - 3:11 pm
Rich Rodriguez calls sideline fight 'embarrassing'
Punches were thrown by both junior defensive tackle Tevin Hood and freshman linebacker Cody Ippolito late in the first quarter.
Soon after both players were thrown out of the game. By Rodriguez.
"It's embarrassing," Rodriguez told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "When I saw it afterwards it was embarrassing, and as soon as we found out about it we sent the kids into the locker room and they went home with their parents."
"That's simply not going to happen," he said. "But it's out of character, certainly, for those guys, and we'll deal with them when we come back (from the winter break)."
What, exactly, will become of them?
"They're going to deal with Coach Rod after the break," Rodriguez said.
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.