Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Ka'Deem Carey named Sporting News All-American
Carey ended a sensational year with 1,757 total rushing yards and 20 touchdowns to go along with a nation-leading 146.4 rushing yards per game.
The numbers vaulted Carey to the top of several Wildcat rushing marks, including total rushing in a single season, which was originally set by Trung Candidate who ran for 1,602 yards in 1999.
The sophomore running back also set the single-game Pac-12 rushing record with 366 yards in Arizona's win over Colorado. Carey followed it up with 204 rushing yards against Utah, making him the first Wildcat to record back-to-back 200-yard rushing games.
The Sporting News is one of five All-America teams officially recognized by the NCAA in determining their consensus All-Americans.
The other four are The Associated Press, The Football Writers Association of America, the Walter Camp Football Foundation and the American Football Coaches Association, which is the only one who has released their selected teams, but did not include Carey on its list of honorees. Instead, they elected to give Wisconsin's Montee Ball and Oregon's Kenjon Barner the nod.
Carey was also selected to CBSSports.com and Athlon All-American teams on Wednesday along with being named first-team All-Pac-12.
Carey and his Wildcats are scheduled to face the University of Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on December 15 at University Stadium in Albuquerque.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.