Ka'Deem Carey named Sporting News All-American
Carey ended a sensational year with 1,757 total rushing yards and 20 touchdowns to go along with a nation-leading 146.4 rushing yards per game.
The numbers vaulted Carey to the top of several Wildcat rushing marks, including total rushing in a single season, which was originally set by Trung Candidate who ran for 1,602 yards in 1999.
The sophomore running back also set the single-game Pac-12 rushing record with 366 yards in Arizona's win over Colorado. Carey followed it up with 204 rushing yards against Utah, making him the first Wildcat to record back-to-back 200-yard rushing games.
The Sporting News is one of five All-America teams officially recognized by the NCAA in determining their consensus All-Americans.
The other four are The Associated Press, The Football Writers Association of America, the Walter Camp Football Foundation and the American Football Coaches Association, which is the only one who has released their selected teams, but did not include Carey on its list of honorees. Instead, they elected to give Wisconsin's Montee Ball and Oregon's Kenjon Barner the nod.
Carey was also selected to CBSSports.com and Athlon All-American teams on Wednesday along with being named first-team All-Pac-12.
Carey and his Wildcats are scheduled to face the University of Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on December 15 at University Stadium in Albuquerque.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a