Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Ka'Deem Carey named Sporting News All-American
Carey ended a sensational year with 1,757 total rushing yards and 20 touchdowns to go along with a nation-leading 146.4 rushing yards per game.
The numbers vaulted Carey to the top of several Wildcat rushing marks, including total rushing in a single season, which was originally set by Trung Candidate who ran for 1,602 yards in 1999.
The sophomore running back also set the single-game Pac-12 rushing record with 366 yards in Arizona's win over Colorado. Carey followed it up with 204 rushing yards against Utah, making him the first Wildcat to record back-to-back 200-yard rushing games.
The Sporting News is one of five All-America teams officially recognized by the NCAA in determining their consensus All-Americans.
The other four are The Associated Press, The Football Writers Association of America, the Walter Camp Football Foundation and the American Football Coaches Association, which is the only one who has released their selected teams, but did not include Carey on its list of honorees. Instead, they elected to give Wisconsin's Montee Ball and Oregon's Kenjon Barner the nod.
Carey was also selected to CBSSports.com and Athlon All-American teams on Wednesday along with being named first-team All-Pac-12.
Carey and his Wildcats are scheduled to face the University of Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on December 15 at University Stadium in Albuquerque.
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.