Report: UA lands former USC quarterback Scroggins
While junior college transfer B.J. Denker filled in admirably for the Wildcats in his lone start against Colorado on November 10 -- 12-of-14 passing for 136 yards and two touchdowns -- Rodriguez may have found someone who is familiar with the Pac-12 conference and who will push the junior when the team opens camp in the spring.
Twist to the 2013 QB battle. Word getting around ex-USC QB Jesse Scroggins (a JC transfer) has committed to Arizona. h/t @jasonscheer— Anthony Gimino (@AGWildcatReport) December 2, 2012
Scroggins, who was ranked as the No. 2 quarterback in the Class of 2010 by ESPN.com, struggled to get on to the field during his brief time at USC.
Despite coming in as a highly-touted mobile quarterback (ran the 40-yard dash in 4.8 seconds) out of Lakewood High School, Scroggins redshirted in 2010 and saw little time (took one snap against Washington) backing up Matt Barkley in 2011.
After missing the final six games of the 2011 season due to injury, Scroggins decided to transfer to El Camino College last June.
At El Camino, he threw for 1,148 yards and eight touchdowns in eight games.
If Scroggins suits up for the Wildcats this spring, he will have two remaining years of eligibility.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a