Updated Nov 18, 2012 - 12:05 am
Cat Tracks: Carey leads Wildcats past Utes
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's November 17 win against Utah. Final score: Arizona 34, Utah 24.
Running Back Ka'Deem Carey delivered another strong performance for the Wildcats, rushing for 204 yards and a touchdown in Arizona's 34-24 win over Utah.
The Cats outscored the Utes 17-0 in the fourth quarter.
The Wildcats relied on their running game and amassed 320 yards rushing against the Pac-12's third-ranked defense.
Arizona improved to 7-4 on the season and moved to .500 with a record of 4-4 in the Pac-12.
The Wildcats' defense struggled to contain Utah quarterback Travis Wilson. He threw for a career-high 311 yards and two scores against the Pac-12's worst pass defense.
• Rich Rodriguez becomes the first Arizona coach to take the Cats to a bowl game in first season with the team.
• Utah's streak of nine straight bowl appearance will come to an end following the loss to Arizona.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will host the rival Arizona State Sun Devils on Friday, November 23 at 8:00 p.m. on ESPN.
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- A Wildcat remembers his favorite memories of the Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.