Updated Nov 10, 2012 - 4:05 pm
Cat Tracks: Carey's career-day paces Wildcats to big win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's November 10 win against Colorado. Final score: Arizona 56, Colorado 31.
Ka'Deem Carey's Pac-12 record 366 yards and five touchdowns helped Rich Rodriguez's squad erase the painful memories of their recent 66-10 loss to UCLA.
Carey broke the conference record previously set by WSU's Rueben Mays in October 1984.
Juco transfer B.J. Denker also filled in admirably for Matt Scott, completing 12-of-14 passes for 136 yards and two touchdowns.
The Cats defense still has room for improvement with just two games to go.
While 14 of the 31 points they allowed to the Buffaloes came when the game was out of reach in the fourth quarter, CU had just 20 combined points in their previous three contests.
Nick Hirschman looked pretty comfortable in his first start of the season for Colorado. He complete every pass he threw but one, which was an interception.
Carey's five touchdowns -- also a conference record -- Saturday are somewhat of a surprise, given the fact he had six over his previous four contests.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats head out on the road to face Utah next Saturday, November 17. The time has yet to be determined.
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?