Cat Tracks: Carey's career-day paces Wildcats to big win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's November 10 win against Colorado. Final score: Arizona 56, Colorado 31.
Ka'Deem Carey's Pac-12 record 366 yards and five touchdowns helped Rich Rodriguez's squad erase the painful memories of their recent 66-10 loss to UCLA.
Carey broke the conference record previously set by WSU's Rueben Mays in October 1984.
Juco transfer B.J. Denker also filled in admirably for Matt Scott, completing 12-of-14 passes for 136 yards and two touchdowns.
The Cats defense still has room for improvement with just two games to go.
While 14 of the 31 points they allowed to the Buffaloes came when the game was out of reach in the fourth quarter, CU had just 20 combined points in their previous three contests.
Nick Hirschman looked pretty comfortable in his first start of the season for Colorado. He complete every pass he threw but one, which was an interception.
Carey's five touchdowns -- also a conference record -- Saturday are somewhat of a surprise, given the fact he had six over his previous four contests.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats head out on the road to face Utah next Saturday, November 17. The time has yet to be determined.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a