Updated Nov 10, 2012 - 4:05 pm
Cat Tracks: Carey's career-day paces Wildcats to big win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's November 10 win against Colorado. Final score: Arizona 56, Colorado 31.
Ka'Deem Carey's Pac-12 record 366 yards and five touchdowns helped Rich Rodriguez's squad erase the painful memories of their recent 66-10 loss to UCLA.
Carey broke the conference record previously set by WSU's Rueben Mays in October 1984.
Juco transfer B.J. Denker also filled in admirably for Matt Scott, completing 12-of-14 passes for 136 yards and two touchdowns.
The Cats defense still has room for improvement with just two games to go.
While 14 of the 31 points they allowed to the Buffaloes came when the game was out of reach in the fourth quarter, CU had just 20 combined points in their previous three contests.
Nick Hirschman looked pretty comfortable in his first start of the season for Colorado. He complete every pass he threw but one, which was an interception.
Carey's five touchdowns -- also a conference record -- Saturday are somewhat of a surprise, given the fact he had six over his previous four contests.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats head out on the road to face Utah next Saturday, November 17. The time has yet to be determined.
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.