Cat Tracks: UCLA routs Wildcats in Pac-12 showdown
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's November 3 loss to UCLA. Final score: UCLA 66, Arizona 10.
Bruins quarterback Brett Hundley threw for 288 yards and three touchdowns against the Cats. Arizona also saw Johnathan Franklin become UCLA's career leading rusher with 162 yards on the ground.
Pretty much everything that could go wrong for the Wildcats, did go wrong on Saturday night.
The previously fourth-ranked Wildcats offense amassed only 257 yards of total offense in the loss.
Quarterback Matt Scott struggled mightily against the Bruins, throwing for just 124 yards with no touchdowns. He left the game midway through the third quarter due to injury.
Ka'Deem Carey was held to a mere 54 yards on 16 carries for the Cats.
UCLA ended a five-game losing streak against Arizona with their 66-10 rout.
The Bruins took over first place in the Pac-12 south with the decisive win.
Coming Up Next:
Arizona will host Colorado at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 10.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.