Cat Tracks: UCLA routs Wildcats in Pac-12 showdown
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's November 3 loss to UCLA. Final score: UCLA 66, Arizona 10.
Bruins quarterback Brett Hundley threw for 288 yards and three touchdowns against the Cats. Arizona also saw Johnathan Franklin become UCLA's career leading rusher with 162 yards on the ground.
Pretty much everything that could go wrong for the Wildcats, did go wrong on Saturday night.
The previously fourth-ranked Wildcats offense amassed only 257 yards of total offense in the loss.
Quarterback Matt Scott struggled mightily against the Bruins, throwing for just 124 yards with no touchdowns. He left the game midway through the third quarter due to injury.
Ka'Deem Carey was held to a mere 54 yards on 16 carries for the Cats.
UCLA ended a five-game losing streak against Arizona with their 66-10 rout.
The Bruins took over first place in the Pac-12 south with the decisive win.
Coming Up Next:
Arizona will host Colorado at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 10.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.