Updated Oct 30, 2012 - 5:42 pm
Arizona coach says QB Matt Scott is fine
Quarterback Matt Scott, shortly after taking a head-to-head hit from USC safety T.J. McDonald, was spotted vomiting on the field.
He threw a touchdown pass two plays later, but did not return to the game after that, with many figuring he sustained a concussion on the hit.
The Wildcats won the game 39-36 to knock off the No. 9 Trojans, but much of the talk after the game has been centered around the thought that if Scott did a concussion, how was he allowed to continue playing?
According to Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez, the question is moot because his quarterback did not endure a head injury.
"He was pretty nauseous, I guess talking to Matt, all day, and he's been kind of known as a 'puker', you know," Rodriguez told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "Any time he would run in the summer and he'd run a lot it would definitely kind of happen, and he ran a lot in this game."
Scott completed 27 of 50 passes for 369 yards and three touchdowns on the afternoon, and ran the ball 15 times for 100 yards and a score.
But he didn't suffer a concussion.
"He said 'I'm good coach, what's the next play,' so I called the next couple of plays with him and he was telling me some adjustments and some things like that, so he looked pretty clear-minded to me in that regard."
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.