Updated Oct 29, 2012 - 4:15 pm
UA's Marquis Flowers wins Pac-12 honor
For his efforts in the Wildcats' victory, Arizona linebacker Marquis Flowers has been named the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week.
Flowers was all over the field in Saturday's win.
He recorded two interceptions, forced a fumble and made seven tackles in his team's 39-36 upset.
Last season Flowers played safety, but the junior moved to linebacker in the preseason and hasn't looked back.
He is second on the team with 55 tackles and has forced five turnovers this season.
Next week, Flowers and the Wildcats will take on the UCLA Bruins at the Rose Bowl. The winner will take a big step forward in the Pac-12 South race.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.