Updated Jul 16, 2014 - 9:26 am
ASU's Taylor Kelly lands on Davey O'Brien Award watch list
Kelly, a native of Eagle, Idaho, led the Sun Devils to the Pac-12 South Division title last season when he completed 62.4 percent (302-of-484) of his passes for 3,635 yards and 28 touchdowns.
In two years as a starter, Kelly has posted an 18-9 mark while throwing for 6,674 yards and 57 touchdowns against only 21 interceptions. He's also been a threat with his legs, running for 1,124 yards and 10 scores.
Kelly is one of eight Pac-12 quarterbacks on the list, joining Cal's Jared Goff, Washington State's Connor Halliday, Stanford's Kevin Hogan, UCLA's Brett Hundley, USC's Cody Kessler, Oregon State's Sean Mannion and Oregon's Marcus Mariota.
Last year's O'Brien recipient, Florida State's Jameis Winston, is also on the list. Winston would also win the Heisman Trophy in his redshirt freshman season for the BCS champion Seminoles.
The Davey O'Brien Award is presented annually to the best collegiate quarterback in the country. The 38th annual Davey O'Brien Awards Dinner will be held Monday, Feb. 16, 2015 in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice stars for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?