ASU to return to Camp Tontozona in August
ASU announced Monday that the team will hold their preseason football practices and annual scrimmage game on the Payson, Ariz., campgrounds from August 12-16.
Head coach Todd Graham and the ASU athletic administration successfully campaigned to take the team back to Camp T in 2012, the first time since 2008. The White Mountain Alumni Chapter Board, volunteer and sponsors took the lead and helped to make the return a reality with a matching donation program.
"I've stated many times that I love the traditions of college football," Graham said. "Camp Tontozona for ASU is one of those iconic traditions. I want to take my teams to Camp T because that is where the tradition and the season begins. Coach Frank Kush had a vision and it worked out very well. I want to perpetuate that tradition."
Just 12 days following the scrimmage game, ASU opens the 2014 season at home against Weber State.
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!