Updated Mar 19, 2014 - 3:14 pm
John Wrenn to retire post as ASU director of football operations
"I am forever indebted to John Wrenn for his counsel, direction and vast institutional knowledge during my transition to ASU," Graham said in a statement. "When I arrived John was tremendous in helping me learn the landscape of the football program at ASU. I leaned on John heavily for advice and guidance throughout my tenure here and he never steered me the wrong way. He was the single-most important facilitator in getting us back to Camp Tontozona and he spearheaded the football offices Wall of History project. His valuable insight, smile and contagious personality were valuable assets around the entire athletic department. John exemplified the essence of 'Speaking Victory' each and every day."
Prior to his work at ASU, Wrenn was the first head coach at Hamilton High School in Chandler, where he posted a 91-11 record and won two state championships in eight years.
"I'd like to thank the Sun Devil nation and all of the athletic programs for the treatment and the love they showed me at ASU," said Wrenn. "ASU was a tremendous place to work and I enjoyed every minute of it. From the President to the Athletics Directors and through the entire university there are great people. I was very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to work for such a class institution. I promised my family when I reached the age for retirement that I would spend more time with them, which includes my grandchildren. I want to enjoy them and be there for them and that is what I am going to do."
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?