Updated Feb 13, 2014 - 11:22 am
Arizona State and BYU agree to future football series
The former Western Athletic Conference rivals scheduled a home-and-home series, which will begin on Sept. 19, 2020 when the teams meet at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe.
The teams will then battle in Provo, UT the following season on Sept. 18.
"This football series with Brigham Young University renews one of our oldest and most interesting rivalries," says vice president for university athletics Ray Anderson. "These two institutions and the communities they represent enjoy a long, rich history and a lot of common bonds between them. Also, it fulfills a need for us to schedule home/home series with institutions that are located in the Western portion of the United States."
The schools have met 27 times in their history, with the Sun Devils holding a 20-7 edge. The schools last played a series in 1997 and 1998, with BYU winning both games.
"It has been a priority of ours to schedule a future football series with Brigham Young University," says Sun Devil head football coach Todd Graham. "Scheduling is so important to the overall success of a program and this is the type of matchup that we are seeking to fulfill our future openings."
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!