West Virginia defensive coordinator Keith Patterson leaving for Arizona State
According to Metro News, West Virginia Defensive Coordinator Keith Patterson is leaving his post to take a job at ASU.
"I want to thank Keith for his two years that he spent coaching in our program," West Virginia Head Coach Dana Holgorsen said. "He was a valuable member of our staff, and we wish him nothing but the best."
Patterson previously worked as the defensive coordinator for Graham while the coach was at Pittsburgh in 2011. However, their ties go back even further than that, to when they were college roommates at East Central Oklahoma University.
It is reported that Graham previously offered Patterson a job on ASU's staff when he left Pitt, but the coordinator decided to stay and serve as the interim coach for the team's bowl game before moving on to West Virginia.
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.