Updated Feb 6, 2014 - 11:43 am
ASU's Norvell: There's a great buzz about ASU
In all, 14 of the team's 26 recruits have been given a four-star rating by at least one noted recruiting news service, with 12 also being ranked in the nation's top 30 at their respective positions.
Thursday morning, ESPN ranked ASU's class as the 21st-best in the country, while Scout.com has them 16th.
"That's something that's nice whenever you hear about that or see that," Norvell told the Doug and Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Thursday morning. "For us, we take a great deal of pride in our evaluation. There's times, there are some players that might not be as highly ranked that we think are the top guys in the class.
"We do a very extensive job with all our evaluation, with how a guy fits. It's great that, nationally, people see our class as one of the best out there -- and I believe it is as well -- but you just try to make sure that you're being thorough with every evaluation, and then obviously all the factors that we're looking for for great Sun Devils."
The reasons behind ASU's success on the recruiting trail are obvious. The Devils are coming off a 10-win season that saw them win the Pac-12 South, which had to be attractive to players looking for a college.
"Across this country there's a great buzz about ASU and what we're doing here," Norvell said. "And not just the wins that we're having on the field, but how we're winning."
Norvell said the Devils play an exciting style of football that "kids want to be a part of," and the results from the recruiting trail would seem to back up that claim.
"I think that was definitely a great help," he said. "It's a nice problem to have there when going into signing day and you have more people wanting to be a part of your program than spots that you have available."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!