Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 5:54 pm
Arizona State's Carl Bradford hires agents, to go to NFL
ASU DE/OLB Carl Bradford has signed with Athletes First. A1 NFL agents Dave Dunn & Justin Schulman will rep him for the NFL draft.— Liz Mullen (@SBJLizMullen) January 13, 2014
By signing with an agency, Bradford is deciding to forego his final season of college eligibility to enter the NFL Draft.
As a junior, Bradford finished the 2013 season with 61 tackles -- 19 for loss -- and 8.5 sacks. He was a second-team All-Pac-12 selection.
In three seasons with the Sun Devils, Bradford registered 21.5 sacks.
ASU LB Carl Bradford will officially enter the NFL Draft. We wish him and all the other Sun Devils preparing for the draft the best of luck!— Sun Devil Football (@FootballASU) January 13, 2014
"It was an honor and a privilege to coach Carl Bradford at Arizona State University. Carl leaves ASU with his degree and that is what we are most proud of," Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham said in a statement. "Additionally, with players like Carl, Will Sutton, Chris Young, Osahon Irabor and Alden Darby we built the No. 1 defense in Pac-12 Conference play and one of the top rated units nationally. We want to be known for tough, stout defense at ASU and Carl helped us achieve that in 2012 and 2013. We appreciate Carl for being a great Sun Devil and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors."
Bradford's departure will leave Arizona State's defense with just two returning starters from the 2013 team, which ranked fourth in the Pac-12 in total defense and seventh in scoring defense.
The 6-foot-1, 242-pound linebacker graduated in December with a degree in criminal justice.
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.