The Pulse: Fans say Sun Devils 'not motivated enough' in Holiday Bowl loss
The question for Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 was, "Why did the Sun Devils lose to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl?"
A strong majority (59 percent) of the 541 total voters said Arizona State was not motivated enough to win the game, which the team lost 37-23, giving up 403 yards passing and four touchdowns to freshman quarter back Davis Webb.
The Red Raiders came into the bowl on a five-game losing streak, but their offense made mincemeat of the Sun Devils' defense Monday.
The poll's second-most popular answer was "Devils got outcoached," with 32 percent choosing this option.
Seven percent of voters said "Tech's offense was too good," and 2 percent picked "Other," for reasons we'll never know.
With the Holiday Bowl loss, ASU finished the season 10-4, ending the year on a two-game losing streak.
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- ASU hires Patrick Suddes as assistant athletics director for recruiting
- ASU's Will Sutton, Carl Bradford work out for scouts at NFL Combine
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey records slow 40-yard dash time, ASU RB Marion Grice doesn't participate
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.