The Pulse: Fans say Sun Devils 'not motivated enough' in Holiday Bowl loss
The question for Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 was, "Why did the Sun Devils lose to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl?"
A strong majority (59 percent) of the 541 total voters said Arizona State was not motivated enough to win the game, which the team lost 37-23, giving up 403 yards passing and four touchdowns to freshman quarter back Davis Webb.
The Red Raiders came into the bowl on a five-game losing streak, but their offense made mincemeat of the Sun Devils' defense Monday.
The poll's second-most popular answer was "Devils got outcoached," with 32 percent choosing this option.
Seven percent of voters said "Tech's offense was too good," and 2 percent picked "Other," for reasons we'll never know.
With the Holiday Bowl loss, ASU finished the season 10-4, ending the year on a two-game losing streak.
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.