The Pulse: Fans say Sun Devils 'not motivated enough' in Holiday Bowl loss
The question for Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 was, "Why did the Sun Devils lose to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl?"
A strong majority (59 percent) of the 541 total voters said Arizona State was not motivated enough to win the game, which the team lost 37-23, giving up 403 yards passing and four touchdowns to freshman quarter back Davis Webb.
The Red Raiders came into the bowl on a five-game losing streak, but their offense made mincemeat of the Sun Devils' defense Monday.
The poll's second-most popular answer was "Devils got outcoached," with 32 percent choosing this option.
Seven percent of voters said "Tech's offense was too good," and 2 percent picked "Other," for reasons we'll never know.
With the Holiday Bowl loss, ASU finished the season 10-4, ending the year on a two-game losing streak.
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.