The Pulse: Fans say Sun Devils 'not motivated enough' in Holiday Bowl loss
The question for Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 was, "Why did the Sun Devils lose to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl?"
A strong majority (59 percent) of the 541 total voters said Arizona State was not motivated enough to win the game, which the team lost 37-23, giving up 403 yards passing and four touchdowns to freshman quarter back Davis Webb.
The Red Raiders came into the bowl on a five-game losing streak, but their offense made mincemeat of the Sun Devils' defense Monday.
The poll's second-most popular answer was "Devils got outcoached," with 32 percent choosing this option.
Seven percent of voters said "Tech's offense was too good," and 2 percent picked "Other," for reasons we'll never know.
With the Holiday Bowl loss, ASU finished the season 10-4, ending the year on a two-game losing streak.
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Todd Graham - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.