Report: ASU, Texas Tech in talks for home-and-home series
According to CollegeFootballTalk.com, the Sun Devils and Red Raiders are in talks on a future series, which would be a two-year home-and-home for the 2017 and 2018 seasons.
The two programs have met just once before, in September 1999. According to the report, talks on the future series began before the Holiday Bowl matchup was announced.
ASU head coach Todd Graham is a Texas native, and playing a regular-season game in the talent-rich area couldn't do anything but help the Sun Devils' recruiting efforts in the state.
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.