Report: ASU, Texas Tech in talks for home-and-home series
According to CollegeFootballTalk.com, the Sun Devils and Red Raiders are in talks on a future series, which would be a two-year home-and-home for the 2017 and 2018 seasons.
The two programs have met just once before, in September 1999. According to the report, talks on the future series began before the Holiday Bowl matchup was announced.
ASU head coach Todd Graham is a Texas native, and playing a regular-season game in the talent-rich area couldn't do anything but help the Sun Devils' recruiting efforts in the state.
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.