Sun Devils OC Mike Norvell: School's commitment helps recruiting
It's an important one for the coaching staff to get out, because the possibility of them leaving Tempe has been a popular weapon in recruiting battles.
"Obviously with the commitment and people seeing that we're here to stay, there's a great excitement about what's coming," Norvell told Doug & Wolf Thursday morning. "Obviously, the direction of the program -- we feel like this can be one of the national elite programs in the country, and with the commitment that's been made and obviously the direction we feel like the program's going in, there's a great deal of excitement with recruits, with families, with people all across this country."
That would seem to be the case, as Rivals.com says the Sun Devils have the 17th-best 2014 recruiting class in the country, and number one-ranked class in the Pac-12.
So, it would seem that the on-field performance and coaching style is having a greater impact than the negative recruiting tactics taken by opposing schools.
"It's almost comical to me, because if that's the only thing that schools can try to attack and use against us, and to see that the continuity of our staff and the direction where we're going, then we know that we're doing a lot of things right, and we know this thing is going in the right direction and it's going to be exciting times here in the Valley."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.