Sun Devils OC Mike Norvell: School's commitment helps recruiting
It's an important one for the coaching staff to get out, because the possibility of them leaving Tempe has been a popular weapon in recruiting battles.
"Obviously with the commitment and people seeing that we're here to stay, there's a great excitement about what's coming," Norvell told Doug & Wolf Thursday morning. "Obviously, the direction of the program -- we feel like this can be one of the national elite programs in the country, and with the commitment that's been made and obviously the direction we feel like the program's going in, there's a great deal of excitement with recruits, with families, with people all across this country."
That would seem to be the case, as Rivals.com says the Sun Devils have the 17th-best 2014 recruiting class in the country, and number one-ranked class in the Pac-12.
So, it would seem that the on-field performance and coaching style is having a greater impact than the negative recruiting tactics taken by opposing schools.
"It's almost comical to me, because if that's the only thing that schools can try to attack and use against us, and to see that the continuity of our staff and the direction where we're going, then we know that we're doing a lot of things right, and we know this thing is going in the right direction and it's going to be exciting times here in the Valley."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.