Sun Devils OC Mike Norvell: School's commitment helps recruiting
It's an important one for the coaching staff to get out, because the possibility of them leaving Tempe has been a popular weapon in recruiting battles.
"Obviously with the commitment and people seeing that we're here to stay, there's a great excitement about what's coming," Norvell told Doug & Wolf Thursday morning. "Obviously, the direction of the program -- we feel like this can be one of the national elite programs in the country, and with the commitment that's been made and obviously the direction we feel like the program's going in, there's a great deal of excitement with recruits, with families, with people all across this country."
That would seem to be the case, as Rivals.com says the Sun Devils have the 17th-best 2014 recruiting class in the country, and number one-ranked class in the Pac-12.
So, it would seem that the on-field performance and coaching style is having a greater impact than the negative recruiting tactics taken by opposing schools.
"It's almost comical to me, because if that's the only thing that schools can try to attack and use against us, and to see that the continuity of our staff and the direction where we're going, then we know that we're doing a lot of things right, and we know this thing is going in the right direction and it's going to be exciting times here in the Valley."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!