Updated Dec 17, 2013 - 5:38 pm
Report: ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell interviews for Arkansas State coaching job
Arizona State OC Mike Norvell has indeed interviewed for the head coaching job at Arkansas State, per source. http://t.co/OacqB8TAgp— Pete Roussel (@coachingsearch) December 18, 2013
Norvell, 32, is finishing up his second season on Todd Graham's staff at Arizona State after serving as the head coach's co-offensive coordinator at Pittsburgh in 2011.
The Sun Devils are ranked 29th in the nation in total offense, averaging 460.8 yards per game while their average of 41.0 points per contest ranks ninth among FBS teams.
Graham addressed the rumors surrounding the futures of Norvell and himself Tuesday.
"We're working hard," he said. "Myself, and Coach Norvell is in the same boat -- and we'll have a comment on that (Wednesday) -- our focus is to keep our staff together, and we're going to do that.
"We're committed to building a top-five program in the country."
Norvell has also been rumored to be a candidate for the vacant offensive coordinator position at Florida.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.