ASU's Todd Graham is tired of his name being linked to job openings
Further, Nick Saban isn't leaving Alabama to take the job at Texas.
This has led to plenty of speculation on whom will get the Texas job -- one of the most coveted and highest-paying coaching gigs in the country.
Due to his success at Arizona State and his Texas background, Sun Devils head coach Todd Graham seems to be popping up on a lot of Longhorn "wish lists" for new AD Steve Patterson to peruse.
Well, Graham's getting tired of any implied connection to the Lone Star State.
"We're working hard," Graham said Tuesday. "Myself, and Coach Norvell is in the same boat -- and we'll have a comment on that (Wednesday) -- our focus is to keep our staff together, and we're going to do that.
"We're committed to building a top-five program in the country."
Norvell, ASU's second-year offensive coordinator, has been linked to a head coaching opening at Arkansas State and the open offensive coordinator position at Florida.
"I hate even commenting on stuff like that, but I'm getting tired of it," Graham said. "We're looking forward to taking this thing to the next level, and that's top-ten or top-five in the country."
Graham and the Sun Devils are preparing to take on Texas Tech at the National University Holiday Bowl in San Diego on December 30.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.