Updated Dec 13, 2013 - 6:51 pm
Quarterback Michael Eubank will transfer from Arizona State
Todd Graham said ASU QB Michael Eubank will transfer— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 14, 2013
Graham said that ASU will help Eubank find his next destination— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 14, 2013
Eubank, who just completed his redshirt sophomore season, served as a backup to Taylor Kelly for two years. In 2013, he completed 4-of-5 passes for 70 yards and ran the ball 13 times for 20 yards and three touchdowns.
"He got his release from us today, and we wish him the very best," Graham said after Friday's practice. "He's a great young man, and I'm going to help try and find him a home."
In 2012, the 6-foot-6, 246-pound quarterback completed 34-of-54 passes for 330 yards and four touchdowns while running for 223 yards and four scores.
This season, he was actually listed third on the ASU depth chart behind Kelly and sophomore Mike Bercovici, but saw playing time in goal-line situations.
Eubank was recruited to Pittsburgh by Graham but committed to Arizona State in 2011, Dennis Erickson's last year as head coach of the Sun Devils. Quarterback and coach were "reunited" in 2012 when Erickson was fired and Graham was hired after just one year as head coach of the Panthers.
Eubank was rated as the eighth-best dual-threat quarterback in the 2011 recruiting class by Rivals.com, and picked ASU over Arizona, Cincinnati, Utah and Washington, among others.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.