Updated Dec 13, 2013 - 6:51 pm
Quarterback Michael Eubank will transfer from Arizona State
Todd Graham said ASU QB Michael Eubank will transfer— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 14, 2013
Graham said that ASU will help Eubank find his next destination— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 14, 2013
Eubank, who just completed his redshirt sophomore season, served as a backup to Taylor Kelly for two years. In 2013, he completed 4-of-5 passes for 70 yards and ran the ball 13 times for 20 yards and three touchdowns.
"He got his release from us today, and we wish him the very best," Graham said after Friday's practice. "He's a great young man, and I'm going to help try and find him a home."
In 2012, the 6-foot-6, 246-pound quarterback completed 34-of-54 passes for 330 yards and four touchdowns while running for 223 yards and four scores.
This season, he was actually listed third on the ASU depth chart behind Kelly and sophomore Mike Bercovici, but saw playing time in goal-line situations.
Eubank was recruited to Pittsburgh by Graham but committed to Arizona State in 2011, Dennis Erickson's last year as head coach of the Sun Devils. Quarterback and coach were "reunited" in 2012 when Erickson was fired and Graham was hired after just one year as head coach of the Panthers.
Eubank was rated as the eighth-best dual-threat quarterback in the 2011 recruiting class by Rivals.com, and picked ASU over Arizona, Cincinnati, Utah and Washington, among others.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?