ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
"We are fortunate to have Coach Graham as a part of the Sun Devil family," Dr. James Rund, Interim Athletics Director and ASU Senior Vice President for Educational Outreach and Student Services, said. "He is a teacher, first and foremost, and his passion for positively influencing our student-athletes has been evident in the football program's excellence on the field, in the classroom and around the community. Coach Graham personifies the Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award's ideals of sportsmanship, integrity, responsibility and excellence - and we hope to rally our fans and alumni to voice their support him with their votes over these next few weeks."
The Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award will honor the coach who best exemplifies responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship and excellence both on and off the field. The winner will be announced January 6.
Graham has already won the Pac-12 Coach of the Year Award in just his second season in Tempe. Should Coach Graham win, he will receive $50,000 from Liberty Mutual to donate to his favorite charities and a $20,000 contribution to the Arizona State University Alumni Association for scholarship.
The other nine finalists for the award are Baylor's Art Briles, Duke's David Cutcliffe, Michigan State's Mark Dantonio, Gus Malzahn of Auburn, Ohio State's Urban Meyer, UCLA's Jim Mora, Penn State's Bill O'Brien, Alabama's Nick Saban and Clemson's Dabo Swinney.
Notre Dame's Brian Kelly won the honor last season.
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- ASU hires Patrick Suddes as assistant athletics director for recruiting
- ASU's Will Sutton, Carl Bradford work out for scouts at NFL Combine
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey records slow 40-yard dash time, ASU RB Marion Grice doesn't participate
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.