Updated Dec 8, 2013 - 10:56 pm
Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
Sunday night, ASU (10-3) accepted an invitation to play in San Diego against Texas Tech (7-5) in the 2013 National University Holiday Bowl on Dec. 30 at 8:15 p.m. MST.
With Sunday's invitation, the Sun Devils are now headed to their third straight bowl game in as many years for the first time since 2005-07.
ASU has made three prior appearances in the Holiday Bowl (1985, 2002 and 2007) but has yet to come away with a victory. If the Todd Graham's squad is able to snap that streak against the Kliff Kingsbury and the Red Raiders in San Diego, it'll mark the program's first 11-win season since 1996.
In his career, Graham is 4-1 in bowl game appearances, including last season's 62-28 rout of Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
ASU and Texas Tech have met one prior time back in Sept. 1999, when Bruce Snyder and Co. recorded a 31-13 non-conference win at Sun Devil Stadium.
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.