Updated Dec 8, 2013 - 10:56 pm
Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
Sunday night, ASU (10-3) accepted an invitation to play in San Diego against Texas Tech (7-5) in the 2013 National University Holiday Bowl on Dec. 30 at 8:15 p.m. MST.
With Sunday's invitation, the Sun Devils are now headed to their third straight bowl game in as many years for the first time since 2005-07.
ASU has made three prior appearances in the Holiday Bowl (1985, 2002 and 2007) but has yet to come away with a victory. If the Todd Graham's squad is able to snap that streak against the Kliff Kingsbury and the Red Raiders in San Diego, it'll mark the program's first 11-win season since 1996.
In his career, Graham is 4-1 in bowl game appearances, including last season's 62-28 rout of Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
ASU and Texas Tech have met one prior time back in Sept. 1999, when Bruce Snyder and Co. recorded a 31-13 non-conference win at Sun Devil Stadium.
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!