ASU students anxiously anticipate Pac-12 Championship
Students have been camping outside of Wells Fargo Arena since the beginning of the week waiting for ‘priority passes,' which guarantee front row seats for the game. The school issues 180 such passes on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Freshman Patrick Carlson is one of the many who anxiously await game day.
"I set up camp at 1 p.m. on Monday and am really excited for the game," Carlson said.
"I have been a Sun Devil fan all of my life and this is easily the biggest game of the year and probably my entire life."
With tickets selling fast, ASU's Assistant Director of Football, Thomas Lenneberg, hasn't seen such excitement in a long time.
"After we beat U of A you could see the excitement from the fans," Lenneberg said.
"The players actually came up to me on Tuesday and wanted to bring the Territorial cup out to the students and fans outside. They said that the fans were behind them all season, and they wanted to show their appreciation."
With a win, the Sun Devils would make their third appearance ever in the Rose Bowl, which is to be played on New Year's Day.
Tickets are still available for purchase at the Sun Devil Stadium box office, online or by calling (480) 965-5333.
Kick off is scheduled for 5:45 p.m. and will be aired on Arizona Sports 620 AM.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.