ASU students anxiously anticipate Pac-12 Championship
Students have been camping outside of Wells Fargo Arena since the beginning of the week waiting for ‘priority passes,' which guarantee front row seats for the game. The school issues 180 such passes on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Freshman Patrick Carlson is one of the many who anxiously await game day.
"I set up camp at 1 p.m. on Monday and am really excited for the game," Carlson said.
"I have been a Sun Devil fan all of my life and this is easily the biggest game of the year and probably my entire life."
With tickets selling fast, ASU's Assistant Director of Football, Thomas Lenneberg, hasn't seen such excitement in a long time.
"After we beat U of A you could see the excitement from the fans," Lenneberg said.
"The players actually came up to me on Tuesday and wanted to bring the Territorial cup out to the students and fans outside. They said that the fans were behind them all season, and they wanted to show their appreciation."
With a win, the Sun Devils would make their third appearance ever in the Rose Bowl, which is to be played on New Year's Day.
Tickets are still available for purchase at the Sun Devil Stadium box office, online or by calling (480) 965-5333.
Kick off is scheduled for 5:45 p.m. and will be aired on Arizona Sports 620 AM.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.