ASU students anxiously anticipate Pac-12 Championship
Students have been camping outside of Wells Fargo Arena since the beginning of the week waiting for ‘priority passes,' which guarantee front row seats for the game. The school issues 180 such passes on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Freshman Patrick Carlson is one of the many who anxiously await game day.
"I set up camp at 1 p.m. on Monday and am really excited for the game," Carlson said.
"I have been a Sun Devil fan all of my life and this is easily the biggest game of the year and probably my entire life."
With tickets selling fast, ASU's Assistant Director of Football, Thomas Lenneberg, hasn't seen such excitement in a long time.
"After we beat U of A you could see the excitement from the fans," Lenneberg said.
"The players actually came up to me on Tuesday and wanted to bring the Territorial cup out to the students and fans outside. They said that the fans were behind them all season, and they wanted to show their appreciation."
With a win, the Sun Devils would make their third appearance ever in the Rose Bowl, which is to be played on New Year's Day.
Tickets are still available for purchase at the Sun Devil Stadium box office, online or by calling (480) 965-5333.
Kick off is scheduled for 5:45 p.m. and will be aired on Arizona Sports 620 AM.
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.