ASU students anxiously anticipate Pac-12 Championship
Students have been camping outside of Wells Fargo Arena since the beginning of the week waiting for ‘priority passes,' which guarantee front row seats for the game. The school issues 180 such passes on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Freshman Patrick Carlson is one of the many who anxiously await game day.
"I set up camp at 1 p.m. on Monday and am really excited for the game," Carlson said.
"I have been a Sun Devil fan all of my life and this is easily the biggest game of the year and probably my entire life."
With tickets selling fast, ASU's Assistant Director of Football, Thomas Lenneberg, hasn't seen such excitement in a long time.
"After we beat U of A you could see the excitement from the fans," Lenneberg said.
"The players actually came up to me on Tuesday and wanted to bring the Territorial cup out to the students and fans outside. They said that the fans were behind them all season, and they wanted to show their appreciation."
With a win, the Sun Devils would make their third appearance ever in the Rose Bowl, which is to be played on New Year's Day.
Tickets are still available for purchase at the Sun Devil Stadium box office, online or by calling (480) 965-5333.
Kick off is scheduled for 5:45 p.m. and will be aired on Arizona Sports 620 AM.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.