Updated Dec 2, 2013 - 3:31 pm
Arizona State's Randall, Gonzalez named Pac-12 Players of the Week
Randall, a junior, forced a fumble and returned an interception 64 yards for a touchdown, which helped fend off any chance of a Wildcat comeback. He also led all players with 12 total tackles, including one tackle for loss, in the contest.
Gonzalez earned the honor for the second time this season, making him the only special teams player in the Pac-12 to do so. The freshman nailed three field goals and all seven of his extra point attempts in the win. He also extended his streak to 18 consecutive field goals made and reached 125 total points, both school records for kickers.
Running back D.J. Foster was nominated for offensive player of the week, but was beat out by Oregon wide receiver Josh Huff, who had 186 yards and three touchdowns in the Civil War win over Oregon State.
It was already a noteworthy day for the Sun Devils as they led the Pac-12 conference with 13 first or second team selections, with four more players receiving an honorable mention.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.