Arizona State has 17 players on All-Pac-12 Teams
Sun Devils head coach Todd Graham was named the conference's Coach of the Year after leading his team to a 10-2, 8-1 in Pac-12 play, record and the Pac-12 South title. Additionally, senior defensive tackle Will Sutton won the Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive season.
Overall, Arizona State had six players named to the first team, tied for the most in the conference with Stanford. On offense, tight end Chris Coyle and offensive tackle Even Finkenberg were selected. On the defensive side, Sutton was joined by two members of the Sun Devil secondary: seniors Robert Nelson and Alden Darby. Freshman kicker Zane Gonzalez, who led the conference with 22 field goals and totaled 125 points on the season, was selected as the conference's top placekicker.
There were also plenty of Sun Devils on the second team. Quarterback Taylor Kelly, running back Marion Grice, wide receiver Jaelen Strong, and offensive lineman Jamil Douglas were each chosen on the offensive side.
Grice led the conference with 20 touchdowns, but first-team honors went to Washington's Bishop Sankey and Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey, who was selected as the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year as well.
On defense, linebackers Carl Bradford and Chris Young made the All-Pac-12 Second Team along with cornerback Osahon Irabor, making him the third ASU defensive back honored. Bradford ranked tied for 16th in the country with 16 tackles for loss, and added 7.5 sacks too.
Four Arizona State players just missed the cut and were listed as Honorable Mention. They were defensive linemen Davon Coleman and Gannon Conway, and special teamers D.J. Foster and De'Marieya Nelson.
In total, ASU's 13 players on the first and second teams led the conference, with Stanford second at 11 honorees. The two schools face off Saturday in Tempe, Ariz. for the Pac-12 Championship and a berth to the Rose Bowl.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was