Arizona State has 17 players on All-Pac-12 Teams
Sun Devils head coach Todd Graham was named the conference's Coach of the Year after leading his team to a 10-2, 8-1 in Pac-12 play, record and the Pac-12 South title. Additionally, senior defensive tackle Will Sutton won the Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive season.
Overall, Arizona State had six players named to the first team, tied for the most in the conference with Stanford. On offense, tight end Chris Coyle and offensive tackle Even Finkenberg were selected. On the defensive side, Sutton was joined by two members of the Sun Devil secondary: seniors Robert Nelson and Alden Darby. Freshman kicker Zane Gonzalez, who led the conference with 22 field goals and totaled 125 points on the season, was selected as the conference's top placekicker.
There were also plenty of Sun Devils on the second team. Quarterback Taylor Kelly, running back Marion Grice, wide receiver Jaelen Strong, and offensive lineman Jamil Douglas were each chosen on the offensive side.
Grice led the conference with 20 touchdowns, but first-team honors went to Washington's Bishop Sankey and Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey, who was selected as the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year as well.
On defense, linebackers Carl Bradford and Chris Young made the All-Pac-12 Second Team along with cornerback Osahon Irabor, making him the third ASU defensive back honored. Bradford ranked tied for 16th in the country with 16 tackles for loss, and added 7.5 sacks too.
Four Arizona State players just missed the cut and were listed as Honorable Mention. They were defensive linemen Davon Coleman and Gannon Conway, and special teamers D.J. Foster and De'Marieya Nelson.
In total, ASU's 13 players on the first and second teams led the conference, with Stanford second at 11 honorees. The two schools face off Saturday in Tempe, Ariz. for the Pac-12 Championship and a berth to the Rose Bowl.
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.