Arizona State has 17 players on All-Pac-12 Teams
Sun Devils head coach Todd Graham was named the conference's Coach of the Year after leading his team to a 10-2, 8-1 in Pac-12 play, record and the Pac-12 South title. Additionally, senior defensive tackle Will Sutton won the Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive season.
Overall, Arizona State had six players named to the first team, tied for the most in the conference with Stanford. On offense, tight end Chris Coyle and offensive tackle Even Finkenberg were selected. On the defensive side, Sutton was joined by two members of the Sun Devil secondary: seniors Robert Nelson and Alden Darby. Freshman kicker Zane Gonzalez, who led the conference with 22 field goals and totaled 125 points on the season, was selected as the conference's top placekicker.
There were also plenty of Sun Devils on the second team. Quarterback Taylor Kelly, running back Marion Grice, wide receiver Jaelen Strong, and offensive lineman Jamil Douglas were each chosen on the offensive side.
Grice led the conference with 20 touchdowns, but first-team honors went to Washington's Bishop Sankey and Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey, who was selected as the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year as well.
On defense, linebackers Carl Bradford and Chris Young made the All-Pac-12 Second Team along with cornerback Osahon Irabor, making him the third ASU defensive back honored. Bradford ranked tied for 16th in the country with 16 tackles for loss, and added 7.5 sacks too.
Four Arizona State players just missed the cut and were listed as Honorable Mention. They were defensive linemen Davon Coleman and Gannon Conway, and special teamers D.J. Foster and De'Marieya Nelson.
In total, ASU's 13 players on the first and second teams led the conference, with Stanford second at 11 honorees. The two schools face off Saturday in Tempe, Ariz. for the Pac-12 Championship and a berth to the Rose Bowl.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.