Arizona State has 17 players on All-Pac-12 Teams
Sun Devils head coach Todd Graham was named the conference's Coach of the Year after leading his team to a 10-2, 8-1 in Pac-12 play, record and the Pac-12 South title. Additionally, senior defensive tackle Will Sutton won the Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive season.
Overall, Arizona State had six players named to the first team, tied for the most in the conference with Stanford. On offense, tight end Chris Coyle and offensive tackle Even Finkenberg were selected. On the defensive side, Sutton was joined by two members of the Sun Devil secondary: seniors Robert Nelson and Alden Darby. Freshman kicker Zane Gonzalez, who led the conference with 22 field goals and totaled 125 points on the season, was selected as the conference's top placekicker.
There were also plenty of Sun Devils on the second team. Quarterback Taylor Kelly, running back Marion Grice, wide receiver Jaelen Strong, and offensive lineman Jamil Douglas were each chosen on the offensive side.
Grice led the conference with 20 touchdowns, but first-team honors went to Washington's Bishop Sankey and Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey, who was selected as the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year as well.
On defense, linebackers Carl Bradford and Chris Young made the All-Pac-12 Second Team along with cornerback Osahon Irabor, making him the third ASU defensive back honored. Bradford ranked tied for 16th in the country with 16 tackles for loss, and added 7.5 sacks too.
Four Arizona State players just missed the cut and were listed as Honorable Mention. They were defensive linemen Davon Coleman and Gannon Conway, and special teamers D.J. Foster and De'Marieya Nelson.
In total, ASU's 13 players on the first and second teams led the conference, with Stanford second at 11 honorees. The two schools face off Saturday in Tempe, Ariz. for the Pac-12 Championship and a berth to the Rose Bowl.
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.