Arizona State has 17 players on All-Pac-12 Teams
Sun Devils head coach Todd Graham was named the conference's Coach of the Year after leading his team to a 10-2, 8-1 in Pac-12 play, record and the Pac-12 South title. Additionally, senior defensive tackle Will Sutton won the Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive season.
Overall, Arizona State had six players named to the first team, tied for the most in the conference with Stanford. On offense, tight end Chris Coyle and offensive tackle Even Finkenberg were selected. On the defensive side, Sutton was joined by two members of the Sun Devil secondary: seniors Robert Nelson and Alden Darby. Freshman kicker Zane Gonzalez, who led the conference with 22 field goals and totaled 125 points on the season, was selected as the conference's top placekicker.
There were also plenty of Sun Devils on the second team. Quarterback Taylor Kelly, running back Marion Grice, wide receiver Jaelen Strong, and offensive lineman Jamil Douglas were each chosen on the offensive side.
Grice led the conference with 20 touchdowns, but first-team honors went to Washington's Bishop Sankey and Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey, who was selected as the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year as well.
On defense, linebackers Carl Bradford and Chris Young made the All-Pac-12 Second Team along with cornerback Osahon Irabor, making him the third ASU defensive back honored. Bradford ranked tied for 16th in the country with 16 tackles for loss, and added 7.5 sacks too.
Four Arizona State players just missed the cut and were listed as Honorable Mention. They were defensive linemen Davon Coleman and Gannon Conway, and special teamers D.J. Foster and De'Marieya Nelson.
In total, ASU's 13 players on the first and second teams led the conference, with Stanford second at 11 honorees. The two schools face off Saturday in Tempe, Ariz. for the Pac-12 Championship and a berth to the Rose Bowl.
- Todd Graham on ASU's first day of practice: 'We couldn't have been any better'
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.